This girl is such a sweetheart! We met via Whurl and actually met up last Christmas while I was back east visiting family. I can’t really explain it, but she’s one of those people that you meet and you can just tell she has a heart of gold, know what I mean? Most importantly, she lives in the mecca of amazing vintage shopping: Pennsylvannia! She always finds the best stuff from 1950’s to 1990’s so she’s often got something for everybody. Check out her selection at @allyhootvintage on Whurl!
- I currently play 10 instruments (accordion, anyone?) & love writing music too. Every so often, I muster up the courage to perform at open mics.
- I was obsessed with The Brady Bunch growing up (well, I still kinda am) & always dreamed of marrying Greg Brady (swoon, those blue eyes though!)
- While selling vintage on the side, I’m a stay at home mommy to two little spitfire, adventuring little boys, Keane (6) & Clayton (3). They are my heart & my world. Because everyone asks, Keane was named after my favorite band, Keane.
- I bake a really good cupcake…no, I mean REALLY GOOD! Coming up with fun & interesting flavors is my jam. These znoud el sett inspired cakes I made (Rose water & orange blossom frosting, vanilla bean cake, with clotted cream filling) are my favorite to date.
- My husband & I started a church. It may not be the most popular thing to do these days, but we wanted to start a place where people can just be themselves & find hope, love, grace, & acceptance. We also work along side various local non-profits to give back to our community. It has definitely been an exciting journey so far, with plenty of challenges and some difficult moments to navigate, but it’s an adventure worth living.