The best-dressed woman I know! I met her about a year ago at the first Whurl Summer Shop ‘N Pop and have been inspired by her style ever since. She even modeled in the Whurl Spring Lookbook this past March. Whenever we are lucky enough to get some of her closet pieces posted to Whurl, I am seriously giddy with joy!
- I drive a ’69 Mini Cooper
- Mommy of 2 cats & foster kitties
- A burger with fries is my favorite meal
- I live for Halloween
I make really good chiles rellenos
Check out her wares for sale at @marisolmuro on Whurl!
This girl is such a sweetheart! We met via Whurl and actually met up last Christmas while I was back east visiting family. I can’t really explain it, but she’s one of those people that you meet and you can just tell she has a heart of gold, know what I mean? Most importantly, she lives in the mecca of amazing vintage shopping: Pennsylvannia! She always finds the best stuff from 1950’s to 1990’s so she’s often got something for everybody. Check out her selection at @allyhootvintage on Whurl!
- I currently play 10 instruments (accordion, anyone?) & love writing music too. Every so often, I muster up the courage to perform at open mics.
- I was obsessed with The Brady Bunch growing up (well, I still kinda am) & always dreamed of marrying Greg Brady (swoon, those blue eyes though!)
- While selling vintage on the side, I’m a stay at home mommy to two little spitfire, adventuring little boys, Keane (6) & Clayton (3). They are my heart & my world. Because everyone asks, Keane was named after my favorite band, Keane.
- I bake a really good cupcake…no, I mean REALLY GOOD! Coming up with fun & interesting flavors is my jam. These znoud el sett inspired cakes I made (Rose water & orange blossom frosting, vanilla bean cake, with clotted cream filling) are my favorite to date.
- My husband & I started a church. It may not be the most popular thing to do these days, but we wanted to start a place where people can just be themselves & find hope, love, grace, & acceptance. We also work along side various local non-profits to give back to our community. It has definitely been an exciting journey so far, with plenty of challenges and some difficult moments to navigate, but it’s an adventure worth living.
So excited to introduce you to Hafsa! I met her via Whurl and then in person about a year ago at Artist & Fleas in Downtown LA. I love what she does so much! She is the only vintage shop that I know of that is focused on bringing plus size vintage to the masses and I absolutely love that about her! Here are five fun facts about Hafsa:
1. The meaning of my name is Lioness 🦁
2. The farthest place I’ve thrifted is in Estonia.
3. I was obsessed with trash can men as a kid (I have the scar to prove it 😉).
4. I was homeless in NYC for 2 weeks.
5. My favorite vegetable is bitter melon.
Check out her amazing selection on Whurl @ladieswholunchshop
I’m so thrilled to start this blog and have a space to learn more about some of my favorite Whurl Gurls. I met Caitlin through Whurl and I just absolutely adore her style and her willingness to dig dig dig until she finds vintage gold (and trust me, she does!). Here are 5 fun facts about Caitlin:
- I have a degree in Forensic Science.
- I still own a VCR and collect cult & horror VHS mostly from the 80s and 90s.
- I have a real life Garfield for a cat.
- I was captain of my high school bowling team.
- In 2003, I was given my first MySpace haircut in a hotel bathroom by the artist now known as Skrillex.
Check out Caitlin’s shop on Whurl @notmycircusvintage (photos by Ellen Choi)